Social Security Tribunal forms
Forms for Employment Insurance (EI) appeals
Choose the right form. The appeal process at the Social Security Tribunal (SST) has two levels.
Level 1 – General DivisionTo appeal a reconsideration decision from Service Canada / Canada Employment Insurance Commission
|Notice of Appeal Employment Insurance||HTML
Large font PDF (805.49 KB)
Level 2 – Appeal DivisionTo appeal an EI decision from the SST General Division
|Application to the Appeal Division Employment Insurance||HTML
Large font PDF (838.5 KB)
Forms for Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Old Age Security (OAS) and Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) appeals
Choose the right form. The appeal process at the SST has two levels.
Level 1 – General DivisionTo appeal a reconsideration decision from Service Canada / Minister of Employment and Social Development Canada
|Notice of Appeal Income Security||HTML
Large font PDF (794.62 KB)
Level 2 – Appeal DivisionTo appeal a CPP disability, other CPP or OAS/GIS decision from the SST General Division
|Application to the Appeal Division Income Security||HTML
Large font PDF (828.97 KB)
How to fill out and send a form
Follow these steps to fill out and send us your form.
Step 1: How to fill out your form
- Most forms are available in two formats: large font PDF and HTML
- Use the format you prefer
- If you use a screen reader, use the HTML form
- You can fill out the form electronically or print the blank form and fill it out with a pen
- If you fill out the form electronically, the information you enter in the form will not be saved online. You need to save the page to your own computer or device, or the information you enter will be lost.
Can’t open the form? Right-click on the link and select “Save target as…” to download to your computer. If you still have issues, contact us and we’ll help you get the form.
Step 2: How to sign your form
Choose how you want to sign your form. You can:
- Print the form and sign it with a pen
- Fill out the form electronically and choose one of these methods to sign it:
- Type your name in the signature box
- Draw or insert an electronic signature (some PDF readers have a signature function that lets you draw or insert an electronic signature)
Step 3: How to send your form
Send us your form by email, mail or fax. Email is fastest.
Keep a copy of your form for your records.
Attach your form to an email, along with any supporting documents, and send it to us.
How to save your form as a file you can attach to an email:
- If you filled out the HTML form electronically, click the “Print” button, then look for a “Print to PDF” option. Save the PDF version of your completed form to your desktop or mobile device.
- If you filled out the PDF version electronically, save the completed form to your desktop or mobile device.
- If you filled out the form by hand, use a scanner or a scanning app to scan the form.
Social Security Tribunal of Canada
PO Box 9812
Ottawa, ON K1G 6S3
Mail us your form and any supporting documents.
If you mail us a CD or a USB key, make sure your files are in a format we can open.
(toll-free in Canada and the United States)
(long distance charges may apply)
Fax us your form and any supporting documents.
For any other requests, you don’t need a form. You can reach us by email, mail, phone, fax, or TTY to:
- change, remove or add a representative
- send us more documents related to your appeal
- change your address or contact information
- ask for an interpreter
- ask for accommodation or support for a particular need, such as a disability
- ask to be added as a party to an appeal
- ask questions about the appeal process
- apply to rescind or amend your decision