Ways to contact the Social Security Tribunal
Make sure you’re in the right place
We do not process:
Applications for Employment Insurance (EI), Canada Pension Plan (CPP) including disability benefits, Old Age Security (OAS) or Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS). You can apply for these benefits through My Service Canada Account on the Service Canada website.
You need a reconsideration decision before you can appeal to the SST.
If you have a decision from Service Canada and you don’t agree with it, your first step is to ask them to reconsider. If you receive your reconsideration decision from Service Canada and you still don’t agree, then you can appeal to the SST.
How to contact us
We provide service in English and French.
Learn about interpreters and translation.
- The fastest way to contact us is by email. If you send us documents, please use a format we can open.
The fastest way to send us information is always by email.
- Social Security Tribunal of Canada
PO Box 9812
Ottawa, ON K1G 6S3
You may want to send us documents for your appeal by courier. If you do, email or call us for the information you’ll need.
If you phone us, please leave a message and we’ll call you back during regular business hours. Our regular business hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday to Friday.
- 1-877-227-8577 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
- 613-437-1640 (from outside Canada and the United States – long distance charges may apply)
- 1-855-814-4117 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
- 1-613-941-5121 (long distance charges may apply)
- For those who are deaf or hard of hearing
- 1-866-873-8381 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
- 1-613-948-8181 (from outside Canada and the United States – long distance charges may apply)
Open mail or emails from us right away
We’ll send you important information about your appeal, such as hearing date, deadlines and decisions. Open and answer letters or emails from us as soon as possible.
If you’re expecting to hear from us, please check your junk mail.
You must tell us if your contact information changes.
Accessing information that isn’t related to an appeal
If you’re looking for information about the SST that isn’t part of an appeal, visit the Administrative Tribunals Support Service of Canada to find out how to make an access to information request.
If you’re looking for information about a specific appeal (not your own), see our open justice and privacy page.