Application to the Appeal Division : Income Security
Également disponible en français
Fill out, sign, and submit this application to the Appeal Division if you want to apply for leave (permission) to appeal a General Division decision. We must receive your application within 90 days from the date you received the General Division decision.
We will share any documents you give us with any other parties to your appeal.
A community organization might be able to help you with your appeal. Find organizations that can help on our website here: https://www.sst-tss.gc.ca/en/your-appeal/help-other-people-or-organizations
We publish final Appeal Division decisions online so that people can understand how the Tribunal works. When we publish the decision in your appeal, we will first remove any information that reveals your identity.
How to submit this application
Fill out, sign, and send us one copy of this form by email, fax, or mail. Keep all your original documents.
1‑855‑814‑4117 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
1‑613‑941‑5121 (long distance charges may apply)
Social Security Tribunal of Canada
PO Box 9812
Ottawa ON K1G 6S3
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1‑877‑227‑8577 (toll-free in Canada or the United States) or 1‑613‑437‑1640 (from outside Canada and the United States – long distance charges may apply).
TTY – for those who are deaf or hard of hearing: 1‑866‑873‑8381 (toll-free in Canada and the United States) or 1‑613‑948‑8181 (from outside Canada and the United States – long distance charges may apply).
You can call us from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time – Monday to Friday. Please leave a message if we can’t answer the phone and we’ll call you back.
Website: www.sst-tss.gc.ca/en (opens in new window)
We understand that parties may have privacy concerns. We try to respect those concerns. At the same time, the law requires us to be open about the Tribunal’s work. Learn more about how we balance open justice and privacy by reading our open justice and privacy statement on our website here: www.sst-tss.gc.ca/en/decisions-laws-and-policies/open-justice-and-privacy
- Email is the fastest way to send us information.
- You must tell us if your contact information changes. If we can’t reach you, we may proceed in your absence.
- Keep all letters and documents the Tribunal sends you. They are numbered for easy reference. If a hearing is held, you will need these documents at your hearing.
- If you change your representative, tell us right away.
- Everything you send us must be in either English or French: If you need information about translation, visit our website here: www.sst-tss.gc.ca/en/your-appeal/interpreters-and-translation