Application to the Appeal Division : Income Security
Fill out, sign, and submit this application to the Appeal Division if you want to:
- apply for leave (permission) to appeal a General Division decision. We must receive your application within 90 days from the date you received the General Division decision.
- appeal a General Division summary dismissal decision.
You must provide all the information below. The Social Security Tribunal Regulations require this.
We will share any documents you give us with any other parties to your appeal.
We publish many Tribunal decisions online so that people can understand how the Tribunal works. If we publish the decision in your appeal, we will first remove any information that reveals your identity.
We understand that parties may have privacy concerns. We try to respect those concerns. At the same time, the law requires us to be open about the Tribunal’s work. Learn more about how we balance open justice and privacy by reading our open justice and privacy statement (opens in new window).
If you have questions on how to fill out this form, call our toll-free line from Canada or the United States at 1‑877‑227‑8577 (TTY: 1‑866‑873‑8381) or call collect from outside Canada or the United States at 1‑613‑437‑1640 (TTY: 1‑613‑948‑8181), Monday–Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Time.
How to submit this application
Fill out, sign, and send us one copy of this form by email, fax, or mail. Keep all your original documents.
1‑855‑814‑4117 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
1‑613‑941‑5121 (long distance charges may apply)
Social Security Tribunal of Canada
PO Box 9812
Ottawa ON K1G 6S3
Email us at email@example.com or call our toll-free line from Canada or the United States at 1‑877‑227‑8577 ( TTY : 1‑866‑873‑8381).
You can also call collect from outside Canada or the United States at 1‑613‑437‑1640 ( TTY : 1‑613‑948‑8181).
Social Security Tribunal website (opens in new window)
- Email is the fastest way to send us information.
- You must tell us if your contact information changes. If we can’t reach you, we may proceed in your absence.
- Keep all letters and documents the Tribunal sends you. They are numbered for easy reference. If a hearing is held, you will need these documents at your hearing.
- If you change your representative, tell us right away.
- Everything you send us must be in either English or French: Information about translation (opens in new window).