Putting you first: a tailored approach to CPP and OAS appeals at the General Division
I’m pleased to introduce new deadlines to send us documents for Canada Pension Plan (including disability) and Old Age Security (including Guaranteed Income Supplement) appeals at the General Division. We understand that a one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t always meet people’s needs. That’s why we'll now set deadlines for new appeals according to the type of appeal.
For CPP disability appeals, appellants now have 8 months to send us their documents. For other CPP and OAS appeals, appellants now have 3 months.
This tailored approach will serve you better by:
- Putting you first: We'll set deadlines that make sense for your type of appeal.
- Being flexible: If you think you need more time, you can ask for it.
- Giving you the decision sooner: Setting the right deadlines means that we can complete your appeal faster.
We invite you to check out our updated appeal process infographics:
- Your Canada Pension Plan disability appeal at a glance
- Your other Canada Pension Plan appeal at a glance
- Your Old Age Security or Guaranteed Income Supplement appeal at a glance
If you have any questions about this new approach, contact us. Your feedback is invaluable as we work together to improve access to justice.