Social Security Tribunal of Canada

Other CPP General Division: When you’ll get your decision

After your hearing, you’ll usually get your decision within 30 days.

We’ll send you the decision. If you have a representative, they’ll get it too.

We publish some decisions online

We publish many SST decisions online. This helps us be accountable and transparent. If anyone wants to understand how the SST works, they can look up our decisions.

When we publish decisions, we protect personal information. You can read the details about how we do this—by balancing open justice and privacy.

If you disagree with the General Division’s decision

Appealing to the Appeal Division

You can appeal the decision you got from the General Division to the SST ’s Appeal Division. This is the second level of appeal at the SST .

You can’t just appeal to the Appeal Division because you disagree with the General Division decision. There are only a few reasons why you can appeal to the Appeal Division. There’s also a deadline for appealing.

Reopening the decision

In limited circumstances, you may be able to get the SST to reopen the General Division decision after you receive it. 

Learn about reopening a decision and when it’s allowed.

Orange abstract image

You noticed a typo or mistake in your decision. What can you do to fix it?

If you notice a typo or mistake in your final decision (for example, the member typed 2012 rather than 2021 or misspelled a name), you can send us a request to correct it.

You’ll need to send us your request within 90 days of receiving your decision.

Make sure your request includes:

  • the appeal number
  • the mistake
  • how we should correct the mistake 

We’ll get back to you within 30 days.

If we can correct the mistake, we’ll send you a revised decision.

If we can’t correct the mistake, we’ll send you a letter saying why we can’t give you a revised decision.

Date modified: