Social Security Tribunal of Canada

OAS/GIS General Division: First level of appeal

Appeal a reconsideration decision from Service Canada

You got your Old Age Security (OAS) or Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) decision from Service Canada, and you don’t agree with it. What now?

First, ask Service Canada to reconsider the OAS decision or the GIS decision. Service Canada will review your request and the reasons why you disagree. Service Canada will send you a reconsideration decision.

You need a reconsideration decision before you can appeal to the Social Security Tribunal (SST). 

Date modified: